Monday, May 5, 2008

PC Refresh Button

I used to use F5 to refresh/ reload my page while surfing the web. I learned recently that the difference between the "Refresh/F5" button at the top of the page and the "Control/f5" button, or Hard Refresh?

When you click the Refresh/F5 button in the browser, the page is refreshing from your local cache (local computer).

When you use the Ctrl + Refresh or Ctrl + f5 command, you are forcing the page to refresh from the server bypassing the local cache (local computer).

A useful tips that will help you sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Misato, Tokyo, Japan
I was born in Hong Kong and lived in US for 12 years. And now I am living and working in Japan. I am an IT professional and environment protection activist. Yes, I am trilingual. So be WDOB!