Friday, September 14, 2012

Welcome home!

My brother once asked me at the airport "departure gate" on the way when I went back to the U.S., "Hey brother, Do you consider now you are leaving home or going home?" After 2 seconds (probably more than that) of silent, I said firmly, "I am going home." Although I had lived in Hong Kong for the first 26 years of my life. I was 34 and I assumed U.S. was my home.

This is the 4th year since I moved from New York to Japan, which I call home now. Sometimes, I feel homesick and I got lost because I want to go home, but I don't know where is it anymore. I think people always say, "There is no place like home." but only you know where is your home.

Welcome home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Misato, Tokyo, Japan
I was born in Hong Kong and lived in US for 12 years. And now I am living and working in Japan. I am an IT professional and environment protection activist. Yes, I am trilingual. So be WDOB!