Friday, December 7, 2012

side effect of technologies



When men have become tools of their tools, technology comes with side effects- family destruction, moral breakdown, intelligent deterioration, social isolation, and you name it. At last, I might still stick with my smartphone, but instead I lost my survival skills and become more vulnerable. For a long period of time, peoples' main concerns were food and shelters. To survive means to go out into the woods or forests from our cave and hung for the food which the family needs to eat for the day. People of modern societies never think about hunting for food or clothing. Now, it is all brought to people instantly through a new standard of survival. The new standard for survival means making money to go to a mall or supermarket and get everything a family needs. A family can get food and clothing at these places without ever having to go into the forest. This thought is ever so frightening. When a person from the modern society goes into a supermarket and buys a pound of fish, he or she doesn't even think of the process that went into the arrival of the fish. He or she didn't need to go to fish, all they need was to drive to their local supermarket and buy it. No fishing or hunting was necessary. Humans are losing their sense of common purpose- a side effect of technologies…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Misato, Tokyo, Japan
I was born in Hong Kong and lived in US for 12 years. And now I am living and working in Japan. I am an IT professional and environment protection activist. Yes, I am trilingual. So be WDOB!