Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hunger and Poverty

We or our child soon will suffer from hunger if we don't act today. I was totally support the earth day couple of days ago. Do you know 260,000 of college application form equals to estimate 300 land trees (news on yahoo.hk)? I am taking about 300 tress that each one it takes 100 year to grow. How many colleges in the world? Do you know 1/3 of the Amazon Rainforest has vanished in the pass 50 years? Do you know we used to have about 80 days of food on earth, but it only has about 50 day left now? I grew up in Hong Kong and wasted a lot of food as a teenage and my early adulthood. But if any one of you out there and listening, please and please start to save this earth, this might be our only earth to not wasting food, start to recycle, reuse, and reduce. You don't have do it every single part, and single detail of you life, but try to do your best, walk more, drive less, order food that you will finish and pack the rest home, use less plastic bags, use both sides of the paper, send email instead of postal mail, donate used clothes, or furniture to salvation army, wrap less gifts, recycle can, reuse those take out containers. It is just like flicking your fingers. But if you and me both take part of this process, I ensure y ou that we can influence one or two people, and sure this will become our standard of living. If we work together, we can save the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Misato, Tokyo, Japan
I was born in Hong Kong and lived in US for 12 years. And now I am living and working in Japan. I am an IT professional and environment protection activist. Yes, I am trilingual. So be WDOB!