Sunday, April 27, 2008

China olympics

How many people really know China, or Chinese, Taiwan or Tibet or even the world? Everyone, even me is trying to express our point of view. No one really knows the world well enough, so let don’t be too extremely to determine what you see, what you think and what you heard is the absolutely true, but opinion of someone else bias. I was born and grew up in Hong Kong. I know Hong Kong, and China, but not US even I had been living here for more than 10 years. At least I know Hong Kong as a hongkonger, the most civilize place of the Chinese community. So who is the good guys and who is the bad guys? I took my history in Hong Kong, just like most of the history classes around the world, you government will only tell you the good history of she, not too much about the bad.

I glad that I had chance to know about different aspects of the history from US. I first heard about the WWII holocaust in the US College at the age of 30. Does it surprise you? But it doesn’t surprise me since my parents, my brothers and my friend in Hong Kong still doesn't even know Jewish holocaust exist, but we well aware of the Nanjing holocaust in China. Based n the history, Communist is the bad guys (known as China), and Chinese Nationalist Party is the good guy (known as Taiwan). It is too long to go through the whole history. At current stage, we have China. We have Taiwan. We have Hong Kong, and we have Macau. Hong Kong and Macau are both handover back to China in the last decade. So that is the questions, we are all Chinese. Why we all live separately. My parents were born in mainland China. Most Taiwanese’ parents, unless those local are born in China. We all know that Taiwan already have their own culture and their own politician system, but that doesn’t' change that we are all Chinese. I saw a recent research shows only 10% of the Taiwanese consider themselves as a Chinese. We just have to find a way to unify all Chinese in peace. I will never want to see one day, we have to flight our own. I used to call myself a hongkonger. After the handover ceremony on 1997, I have accepted and reconsidered me actually a Chinese. My blood stream is Chinese, my parents born in China and I speak Chinese Cantonese. We all love our country, and don't like to rule by someone else, but we can’t deny that British help built Hong Kong become one of the top international trade center and one of the most beautiful and free city in the world. Just give our government and country sometimes; we have 20% of the world population. We can’t follow the other nations step and just change in a day. I definitely see our country is changing, moving, and improving. I believe someday, we will meet the standard of the rest of the world. But don’t forget some of the so far standard of the rest of the world, governments or leaders are not even worth to mention. From matrix, “Still Human.”

But again Chinese people are complicated. Some of us are selfish. Some of us are ignoring. Some of us are cocky and some of us are very humble. Since we, our own already have too many cultures, make us sometimes discriminate our own people. I truly believe once you get out your own dimension, your own hometown, and look around the world. It will enrich you vision. I will never discriminate any nations, or color of the people, let alone my own people. I am always the people who try to help my own people. I don't mind to give more, in hope that I can influence the other to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Misato, Tokyo, Japan
I was born in Hong Kong and lived in US for 12 years. And now I am living and working in Japan. I am an IT professional and environment protection activist. Yes, I am trilingual. So be WDOB!