Thursday, March 17, 2011

I will have just still with them.

有緣生活在災難中的土地, 加倍佩服日本人的團結精神。When I first asked her to consider going back to Hong Kong, her first respond is how about those in Fukushima still left behind. Then, when I asked her how about going to the south for a weeks or two, her respond is people are coming from Fukushima to Saitama, which where I am living, to take shelter. If we are leaving, is that iconic? On top of that, kids still have school, and we can’t just walk away for our duties (jobs) either. Even tough Japan is suffering from the biggest hardship ever. The evacution is only among foreigners and foreign firms. There are very few of Japanese leaving. As now, although trains are in limited sevice, suppliers are limited, water and electronic might cutoff at any moment, but the fact is most Japanese are willing to stay with those still in need and suffering. The only things we can do are to live our life as normal. As you can see on TV, people are lining up in front of train stations for 3 hours in order to go to work. Japan is city like that; they want to keep to city running, not running away from it. A city is only able to function with peoples. If peoples are leaving, who are going to sell us groceries, who are going to operate the trains, and who are going to treat us with when we get sick. While I am still able to use electricity, water, and toilet, and sleep in a bed with a blanket, there are still million up there still living without water, electricity, gas and suppliers for 7 days already, and temperature has just dropped below zero. In this very moment, I will have just stay with them. 

1 comment:

  1. wow, that is impressive of how they treat life and respect it, god bless....

    ReplyDelete

About

Misato, Tokyo, Japan
I was born in Hong Kong and lived in US for 12 years. And now I am living and working in Japan. I am an IT professional and environment protection activist. Yes, I am trilingual. So be WDOB!