Thursday, September 15, 2011

What do people remember us?

One day, you and I, he and she will not longer be here.


Do you know what will be left behind?

It is not our facebook account or our long friends list. It is not our brand clothing. It is not our properties or our cars;
It is our kids, our parents, our unpaid credit cards bill, our hatred, our greed and our enemies.

Do you know what do people remember us?

It is not our own achievement, but the achievement of the mankind. It is not how much money we gained, but how much many we gave. It is not how much we learned, but how much we shared. It is not how many trees we destroyed, but how many tree we planted. It is not how much food I wasted, but how much food I at least tried to save.

The only thing that will leave behind and how people remember us is our spirit. It is never about money or personal achievement.

Today, I met a handicapped patron in the neighborhood MacDonald. He was obviously out of his mind and acted abnormally. However, when he finished his meal, he carefully separated all garbage disposals and divided into burnable, non-burnable and unfinished beverage. Undoubtedly I was wrong. He was actually more normal than lots of people, who still think recycle is waste of time and global warming is a hoax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Misato, Tokyo, Japan
I was born in Hong Kong and lived in US for 12 years. And now I am living and working in Japan. I am an IT professional and environment protection activist. Yes, I am trilingual. So be WDOB!