Wednesday, September 14, 2011

An Uchiwa Story

In Japan, businesses and residents are making efforts to reduce the use of electricity. This is a story of a hand-held fan called "Uchiwa". The other day, I was in a fast ramen restaurant and I saw an Uchiwa. Since my kids like to collect Uchiwa and I thought it was only a gift or an advertisement of the restaurant. I took it, placed it inside my bag and took off. A couple of days later, I went to the other restaurant and I realized that the Uchiwa which placed over the counter is not meant to be taken. Since most businesses rose the temperature to 28 Celsius degree in Japan now, the Uchiwa is used for people who feel hot about the temperature. I am so embarrassing for what I did and amazed how Japanese handling this energy shortage voluntarily and unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Misato, Tokyo, Japan
I was born in Hong Kong and lived in US for 12 years. And now I am living and working in Japan. I am an IT professional and environment protection activist. Yes, I am trilingual. So be WDOB!