Saturday, April 13, 2013

First Three Beans Salad Ever

To participant for tomorrow barbecue at Showa Kinen Koen with my new coworker. I have made my life-time first three beans salad.



Recipe: 

1 15-oz can cannellini beans (白いんげん豆)
1 15-oz can kidney beans (赤インゲン豆)
1 12-oz can garbanzo beans or chickpea (ひよこ豆)
1 12-oz can marrowfat beans (マローファットピース) 
1 12-oz can or fresh green beans (青えんどう), chopped in about 5cm
2 celery stalks, chopped fine
1/2 red onion, chopped fine
1 cup fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoons sugar
2 1/2  teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
In a salad bowl, rinsed, drained and mix all beans with celery, onion and parsley. Add sugar, vinegar, olive oil and pepper into bean mixture as dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Yield: Serves 5 to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Misato, Tokyo, Japan
I was born in Hong Kong and lived in US for 12 years. And now I am living and working in Japan. I am an IT professional and environment protection activist. Yes, I am trilingual. So be WDOB!